HMC’s Balder Completes Block 31 PSVM Campaign
After a period of 15 months, Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) completed the Block 31 PSVM campaign offshore Angola. HMC’s Deepwater Construction Vessel Balder finished the offshore installation campaign with the safe and successful lay down of the last second end FTA of the last production line. With this major milestone HMC has demonstrated its capability to execute complex EPCI Subsea Umbilical Riser and Flowline (SURF) projects.
The Balder arrived in the Block 31 field, 105 NM offshore Soyo (Angola), mid 2010, for the installation of the PSVM field development, consisting of:
- 51 km of pipe-in-pipe production flowlines
- 40 km of service flowlines
- 17 km of vertical risers
- 77 structures (FSAs, FTAs, ITAs, BMs, LRAs, BTs and URAs)
- 9 piles driven at 2030 m water depth
Since then some major milestones have been achieved:
- All installed materials have been Engineered, Procured, Constructed and Installed by HMC
- No LTI’s during the offshore installation campaign
- All work executed against specifications which define new standards for construction and installation of deepwater infrastructure
- Deepest driven piles ever (2030 m)
- 6,169 offshore pipe welds were produced
- Total weight installed over 50,000 t
- Less than 3% weather down time
Although neither onshore nor offshore activities have been fully completed yet, an important milestone has been reached with the completion of Balder’s activities.
About Heerema Marine Contractors Heerema Marine Contractors is a world-leading marine contractor for the oil and gas industry. HMC transports, installs, and removes all types of offshore facilities and operates three of the four largest crane vessels in the world. HMC is a fully-owned subsidiary of the Heerema Group.
For more information on this news release, please contact Corporate Communications,
phone +31 71 5799448
Heerema Fabrication Group (HFG) has completed the project for the Culzean Wellhead jacket and Access Deck for client Maersk Oil. Today at Heerema Vlissingen (the Netherlands) the Wellhead jacket and two days ago at Heerema Hartlepool (the United Kingdom) the Wellhead Access Deck set sail to their final destination.
- Read more
At Heerema Zwijndrecht, one of the production locations of Heerema Fabrication Group (HFG), the Montrose Bridge Linked Platform (BLP) topside sailed out. HFG has built this topside for Talisman Sinopec Energy UK Limited (TSEUK).
- Read more